Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Now we turn to Act Two:


The light were dim as I peered out to the docks. the thick fog was barreling it's way upon us. We better act quick if we wanted to catch the train in time. I looked over my shoulder to see if Dwayne was still behind us, or if he got trampled along the way. He was just a few short steps, as I jetted out on to the streets to cross the bridge up ahead. The rain had done a number on my shoes and we weren't even half down the block yet. I checked my watch to see that it was a quarter til five.
"We better hurry if you wanna check out that snack bar, you big galoot" I hollered out.
He didn't find it amusing as he shuffled his feet forward to a more speed walk if anything. I race down the bridge onto the platform of the main street slab. I took it all in ass I waited for the slow-poke to catch up. The lights shimmered from every window, from every direction, at the same time. Buy this, buy that! It screamed. The mindless bustle of people stopping and going tuned into their own little worlds. People rushing, people taking breaks, people rummaging, people converting, people.
"Why'd ya take off like that?" Dwayne slumped beside me.
"What's wrong? Can't run?" I joked.
"Running is for school" He retorted.
I scoffed. His logic was way off base, but I didn't have to inform him on his misinformation. We had a train to catch.
"Well, Com'on! It's almost five!" I scurried.
We took off in the direction of the station.

As we walked along the city, I thought about the places we would go. Once we got to Insert City, I needed to find all the ins and outs about it. I thought about if Dwayne was slowing me down or keeping me at bay. Sometimes, I"m not so sure. I think of the positives we've shared in our history. How I can just be my nasty rude jerk of a friend and he'd always be there to take the blows. How could one person be so open to just accept to what is.  The cold fog was creeping past my jacket on to the back of my neck. I shivered. My brain was getting to cold to concentrate on anymore than getting on the train. I walked up to the front and ask the cashier for two tickets to Insert City. Delahia and I gathered our money and collected our tickets. She kindly pointed the direction of the train and led us off on our way. The train barely announced that they were accepting passengers to load on. Deanna wanted to get "at least" something to drink for the way up. I reminded her that there was a full kitchen and bar on the train. She was shocked. I rolled my eyes and pulled her along. Once we got into our seats, I asked the attendant which car had the cafe and at which times would they be open. He pronounced that half-hour into the ride the cafe will open and won't close until half-hour destination. I thanked him kindly. I started thumbing through the menus. I stopped on drinks and looked for one that could put me in a new state of mind.







 

0 replys: